FISHING IN SHOW LOW
Show Low Creek
The Show Low Creek is a popular fishing destination in Show Low. The creek runs through town and is easy to access, making it a favorite for families.
Fishing in Show Low Creek:
• You must have valid general fishing license, youth fishing license (10-17 years old), short-term fishing license or a community fishing license is required.
• Daily limits on the following species will be enforced as follows: (2) Rainbow trout per day per licensee; (2) channel catfish per day per licensee; (5) Sunfish per day per licensee; (1) bass per day per licensee.
• Fishing is not allowed on private property. Obey “no trespassing” or “private property” signs.
• The public will be required to pick up after themselves by utilizing trash receptacles and carrying out items they bring in.
• The statewide stocking schedule, community fishing water stockings and fishing report, can be sent to your mobile device by creating an account through the www.azgfd.com portal.
Show Low LAKE
Located on the southern boundary of the city is Show Low Lake, operated by Recreation Resource Management under contract with the city of Show Low, which offers campgrounds and picnic areas, including a 75-site group campground area.
Show Low Lake is located adjacent to Show Low Lake Road about 1 mile from Hwy 260. It is a 100 acre lake that sits at an elevation of 6500 feet. Adjacent to the lake is Show Low Lake Campground, offering 75 campsites. Some with electric sites, dump station, shower facility, and small convenient store (seasonal). The store rents boats, sells fishing licenses, bait, tackle, drinks and snacks. The campground also offers a playground, day use ramadas and group camping.
For more information you can call the park at 928-537-4126 or for reservations, please call 1-888-537-7762.
Click for information about Big lake or other Forest Service lakes.
For more information on Arizona Fishing, visit the AZ Fish and Game Website. Also, before fishing on any Native American lands, please check the rules and regulations for The White Mountain Apache Tribe Wildlife and Outdoor Recreation.
Fool Hollow Lake
A favorite area for residents and visitors is Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area (pictured), which is operated by the Arizona State Parks, located on the City’s northern border. This Recreation Area was created by a private/public partnership in 1988 between the City of Show Low, U.S. Forest Service, Arizona Game and Fish and Arizona State Parks and private entities.
It is an 800-acre recreation area surrounding a 150-acre lake and includes 92 recreational vehicle/camper hook ups, 31 developed tent sites, five shower buildings with rest room facilities, two handicapped fishing piers and a contact station.
In addition, a fully functional sanitary dump station (seasonal), a fish cleaning station, and 4 fishing docks. Other amenities include a program area, picnic ramadas, day use area, hiking trails, and playgrounds.
Annual passes available. Go to Azstateparks.com to book your reservation. For questions or more information, please call 928-537-3680.